An unfortunate incident occurred in Bhubaneswar, Odisha when a heroic Dalmatian lost its life after battling with a venomous cobra to protect its family. The pet owner, Ameen Sharif, woke up to loud barking and was stunned to see his loyal dog Tyson fighting the dangerous snake. Despite their efforts, they could not save their courageous one-and-a-half-year-old Dalmatian as he had already killed the poisonous cobra.
The family was in utter shock as they watched their dog, Tyson, fall ill and appear to be in pain, as depicted in a disturbing film. Ameen, concerned for Tyson’s wellbeing, inspected him for any signs of snake bites and discovered blood on the left side of his face, causing him to fear the worst.
The man reached out to the snake hotline when he saw a snake in his backyard. He sent a video of the reptile to Subhendu Mallik, an expert who identified it as an Indian cobra. Mallik advised the family to quickly take their dog to the vet after the incident. Unfortunately, since it happened very late at night, they were unable to find any available vets and their dog, Tyson, passed away within thirty minutes.
According to Amin’s account to Ommcom News, we witnessed Tyson struggling with a cobra just a few feet away from our porch. Unfortunately, our beloved pet died after being bitten by the snake.
Although we tried calling veterinary physicians for an anti-venom dose, nobody answered at that hour. We managed to save ourselves, but we couldn’t save Tyson in time.
Nevertheless, our family will never forget Tyson’s loyalty and heroic sacrifice. It’s disheartening that there are numerous hospitals open 24/7 for human emergencies, but none for animals.
Mr Mallik also added that the brave dog saved us from a dreadful situation. Nonetheless, this unfortunate event highlights the lack of veterinary care available in Odisha, where even a sick dog can’t receive prompt treatment.
Please share this story with your loved ones.